I’ll keep this simple.
I have personally used 8 different shoes (plus going barefoot a few times) for CrossFit in my first year and a half:
- Nike Air Max (2 types) – way too much heel, runners do not make good CrossFit shoes… or running shoes once I re-learned how to run
- Vibram 5 Fingers – feel as funky as they look, just go real barefoot
- Merrell Trail Gloves – too much toe grip, perfect for Tough Mudder
- Merrell Road Gloves – pretty good, these are my second favorite
- Inov-8 Bare X-F 210 – did not fit right, very uncomfortable
- Inov-8 f-lite 230 – a lot of shoe, I wear these for my GORUCK events
- Inov-8 f-lite 195 – the perfect CrossFit shoe
Like I said at the start, get the Inov-8 F-lite 195 Cross-Training Shoe
I wear a 10.5 in Nike, and I’m a perfect fit in a 10 in these shoes. They are the perfect blend of light, minimal, supporting and of course, looking cool.