So today we did 10 dead lifts & 10 Burpees over the bar, 5 rounds for time. Rx was 225. I thought about it, and decided 185 sounded right.
After rep 5 I realized this was waaaay too ambitious.
I finished round 1, pulled off the 25s, and finished with 135 on there. And it took everything I had to get that done after the energy hole I dug myself into during round 1.
It’s good to test, and I’m glad I did, but I’m more glad I scaled back.
It would have been better to test this weight more before hand, and settle back at 155 and stick with that for the wod. So lesson learned today in spending more time scaling upfront, vs. scaling mid wod.